Effective Date: August 27, 2021
Last Reviewed on: August 27, 2021
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On these Sites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and these Sites or you and a representative of Maestro.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from these Sites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and these Sites.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our Sites. We encourage you to carefully review the privacy policies of any third-party services, identified herein, so you know how they will use and share your information.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. This policy may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Statement) and we encourage you to review these terms periodically to remain up-to-date on our practices. Further, in the event these practices change, we will notify you.
Key, non-exhaustive points about our information practices are summarized below, followed by comprehensive explanations of each subject.
- Collection. We collect information about you, such as identifying information (e.g., name, date of birth), payment data, current and past employment information and demographic information (for job applicants), and contact information (e.g., email address, telephone number). See below to learn more.
- Use. We use your information to improve the quality, safety, and security of our products and services, to develop new products and services, for marketing (including marketing tailored to your interests and preferences) and to develop a business relationship with you. See below to learn more.
- Sharing. We share your information to provide you with products and services, to improve the quality, safety, and security of products and services, to comply with applicable law, to respond to your requests, and to allow recipients to use it for marketing or other purposes, subject to your consent where required. See below to learn more.
- Data Security. We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security to protect the personal information we retain. See below to learn more.
- Choices. You have choices regarding how we use and share your information for marketing and other purposes. See below to learn more.
- Children’s Privacy. We do not target or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of majority. See below to learn more.
- California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have additional rights regarding your control and access to the data we collect from you. See below to learn more.
- European Data Protection Rights. If you are a resident of the European Union or a European Economic Area, you have additional rights regarding your control and access to the data we collect from you. See below to learn more.
- Changes. We will notify you of any material changes by posting the updated version of this Privacy Statement and taking other steps as needed. See below to learn more.
- Contact Us. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our data handling practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our toll-free number: 800.319.2122. See below to learn more.
I. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us, the products you purchase, and the choices you make. We collect personal information about you from different sources and in various ways.
Information You Provide to Us
Maestro collects information you provide directly to us on the Sites, via email, or through your communications or interactions with us. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Identifying information, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, and signature.
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, and email addresses.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites, which may include information provided at the time of subscribing to communications, downloading a piece of content, signing up for our services, requesting further services, entering a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or reporting a problem with our Sites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Survey responses, which you may provide to us in response to our request to complete a survey for research purposes.
- Payment data, such as payment method, credit or debit card numbers, and other payment or billing information if you provide it to us.
- Preferences, such as your preferences for communication, language, and time zone.
- Security, such as passwords, security questions, and usernames when you create an account with us.
- Additionally, for job applicants:
- Educational and professional background, such as your work history, academic and professional qualifications, job titles, interests, educational records, references, and interview notes.
- Employment details, such as your current employment information, including job title, position, hire dates, and compensation, in addition to any previous employment information and legal eligibility to work in the United States.
- Demographic data, such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Information Automatically Collected via the Sites. When you visit the Sites, Maestro automatically collects certain technical information from your browser, such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other data about your visit to the Sites.
- Information Collected Using Other Tracking Tools. In addition to, or in conjunction with Cookies, we may use other tracking tools to improve users’ experiences on the Sites. For example, pixel tags (also known as clear GIFs, web bugs, or web beacons) may be used to track the online movements of users of the Sites. Pixel tags and similar tools may also be used in our emails to track whether an email was read or forwarded to someone else.
- Information Collected Using Web Analytics Tools. We may use Google Analytics Advertising features such as demographics and interest reporting to collect anonymized data about the gender, age, and interests of visitors to the Sites. You can read Google’s security and privacy policies for Google Analytics at policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You may opt out of having your data used by Google Analytics by accessing Google’s Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Section V, Choice And Control Of Your Personal Information.
Information from Other Sources. Maestro may receive information about you if you use any other websites affiliated with Maestro or from information you post on or submit to the Sites. Maestro may also receive your information from third-party marketing companies that we use to provide you with information concerning our products, service offerings, and other information.
Disclosure of other Data. The type and/or methodology of data collection may change from time to time, and we may introduce new features or capabilities to the Sites. Any such changes that apply to your information will be reflected in this section of this Privacy Statement (Section I, Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It).
II. Our Use of Your Personal Information
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To Further an Established Business Relationship. We use collected information to serve established business relationships that we have developed with you, including providing products and services to you in connection with our established business relationship, providing you with notices about accounts or subscriptions you maintain in connection with one or more of the Sites, including expiration and renewal notices, and to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To Send You Promotional Materials. We use your information to fulfill your requests, including, but not limited to, requests to receive promotional materials. Promotional materials may include newsletters or other information regarding Maestro contests, events, services, and/or products, including in connection with Maestro’s separately branded products and services in connection with the Sites. We also use your information to share other services or products that may be of interest to you. Promotional materials may be conveyed in emails. If you no longer wish to receive these materials, you may opt out by following the opt-out instructions included in our emails, texts, or mailings, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- To Improve Our Services. We collect information using Cookies (data files created when you visit a website), tracking tools, and/or analytic tools. We use this information to personalize your experience on the Sites or with the company and/or to improve the security, design, and/or function of the Sites. We may also use your information to support and develop our products and service offerings.
- To Fulfill or Meet the Reason You Provided the Information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request information or ask a question about our products or service offerings, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry. We may also save and use your information to market or promote our products and service offerings.
- To Provide Customer Support. We may use your information to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To Maintain Safety and Security. We may use your information to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our products, website and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To Further Product Development. We may use your information for testing, research, analysis, and product development to allow us to develop and improve our products and service offerings.
- To Comply with Our Legal Obligations. We may use your information if we are required to respond to a law enforcement request and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To Communicate Employment Opportunities or Decisions. If you are a candidate for employment at Maestro, we use your information to make decisions on your potential employment, including but not limited to, contacting you for additional information, informing you of any employment decisions, or informing you of additional employment opportunities.
- To Contact You About Our Own and Third-Parties’ Goods and Services That May Be of Interest to You. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile or contact us directly to be removed from these distributions. For more information, see Section V, Choice And Control Of Your Personal Information.
- Other uses:
- To present our Sites and their content to you.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- As described to you separately when collecting your personal information.
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
III. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We disclose personal information with your consent, when you direct us to disclose it to others, or as necessary to complete your transactions or provide the products you have requested or authorized. For example, when you provide payment data to us, we will disclose that data to banks and other entities as necessary for payment processing, fraud prevention, or other related financial services. We may also disclose aggregated, de-identified information about our users which does not identify any individual.
- Our Partners. With Software/IT and cloud service providers we use to support our business. We may also share your information with our selected partners in order to conduct business, including conducting audits, performing industry analysis, and evaluating the results of marketing efforts. When you provide information as described above, we may share your information with selected partners (e.g., email newsletter providers) to provide you the requested information. Our contractors and service providers are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, unless otherwise authorized by law.
- Corporate Transactions. In connection with, during, or upon completion of a merger, acquisition, asset sale, or other business transaction that involves some, or all, of Maestro’s assets, data you have provided to Maestro may be transferred to a successor/purchaser as part of a transaction.
We may share de-identified information in accordance with applicable law without restriction with third parties for advertising, promotional, or other marketing purposes.
IV. Data Security
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security to protect the personal information we retain and to help ensure that it is used in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless longer retention is required by law or for auditing purposes.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our marketing partner’s secure servers behind firewalls and other industry-standard security technology. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Sites like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Sites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Sites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Sites.
Should you have further questions or concerns about our security measures, please contact us using the information below.
V. Choice and Control of Your Personal Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address and/or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into our Sites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
For California residents, you have additional means to control your information. See more here: maestrolearning.com/ccpa. Additionally, if you are a resident of the European Union or European Economic Area, you have additional means to control your information. See more here: maestrolearning.com/gdpr.
Information Request. You may request information from Maestro regarding the personal information it collects from you and how it shares your personal information with third parties. We will endeavor to provide a copy of this information in a standardized format. You may make such a request by emailing email@example.com or calling us at 800.319.2122.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see maestrolearning.com/ccpa for more information.
Opting Out of Communications. Our promotional materials include instructions for opting out of receiving further communications. If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails, you may opt out by contacting us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you regarding an established business relationship, if one has been established. Please allow a reasonable time after reaching out for us to process your request.
Updating or Cancelling an Account on Our Sites. If you signed up for an account in connection with any of the Sites, you may update the information associated with your account or cancel your account at any time by contacting us with your request at email@example.com.
Opting Out of Analytics Tools. You may opt out of having your data used by Google Analytics via Google’s Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means. Please visit policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites for more information on how to do this.
VI. Child Under the Age of 13
Our services are not designed or intended to collect information from children under the age of 13. Maestro does not knowingly collect or maintain any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on these Sites or through any of its features, register on our Sites, make any purchases through our Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of these Sites, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VII. Change to Our Privacy Statement
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Statement on our Sites. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by email to the primary email address specified in your account associated with the Sites, if any, or through a notice on the Sites’ home pages. The date the Privacy Statement was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Sites and this Privacy Statement to check for any changes. Your continued use of our Sites or any products, services, or solutions following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you are located in the EEA, you have additional rights regarding notice and acceptance of any changes to this Policy. These additional rights are identified in Maestro’s EEA Policy maestrolearning.com/gdpr.
VIII. Contact Us
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement or our data privacy practices, or if you believe we may have violated applicable law, please contact us at email@example.com or via our toll-free number, 800.319.2122.